Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 279 - Zoo

I just want to start by saying Fall Break Sucks. Why exactly my 2-year old needs a 2 week fall break is beyond me. I'm tired. I can't get anything done. I'm irritable. I don't know how people with multiple children do it...therefore I won't be having any more! Just a little vent.

Anyway---since it is fall break and all, we are getting stir crazy and needed to get out today. We have a membership to the Nashville zoo so we made a trip down there this morning. It's really nice weather for going to the zoo so why the heck not. PLUS, I needed something to wear him out for a nap. It was nice. I really downsized this time going in. No stroller. No wagon. Just my big purse, my camera around my neck, me and O. We went into the Unseen New World exhibit for the first time. Normally we don't go in there because you can't take a stroller or wagon, etc. I think Owen really enjoyed it. While in there he overheard some people mentioning the potty and of course, he just had to go. Why do children have to use every public bathroom they find? I personally despise public bathrooms. But he did go in the potty so I can't complain. Here are some pics from the day.

I was hoping to catch his reflection in one of the glass displays, but he wouldn't stay still long enough. Low light, high ISO, wide open and still a slow shutter. Oh well. The back of his head will do. :)

$.30 of pure joy. Here he's putting money down the twisty thing that you drop a penny in - or quarter if your mom runs out of penny's - and it spins down and around down into a money trap. What a genius way to get free money. Maybe I need one of these in my yard for passers by.

The flamingo exhibit is new since the last time we went to the zoo. I loved them. I could have spent a long time here taking photos of them but it was crowded and I didn't want to take my eyes off O for too long. What interesting creatures. Can you imagine doing everything standing on one leg? Do they ever sit down?

Taking a snack break. The good thing about being zoo memebers is you also get a discount on food. Its not much but hey, it makes up for that $.30cents down the money trap. ;) We each got a drink and a big back of popcorn to share for $5. I have to wonder if she forgot to charge me for his juice. Oh well.


We stayed for about an hour and a half, stopped by to see Daddy at work, then headed home where he took a 3 hour nap. And I joined him for 2 of those hours. Sweet success.

No comments:

Post a Comment