Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 308 - The Surprise

My little brother lives in Texas, Falfurrias to be exact. Its a place about 60 miles from the Mexico border. He lives and works on a ranch there. Its hunting season now and he wasn't going to get to come home for a while so when he had a free weekend last weekend he decided to take a few days off and fly home to surprise mom. My dad was in on this. Poor mom...she's always so clueless. :)

My mom knew Owen and I were coming in for the weekend from Tennessee, but she didn't know how early we were going to be there. Or that we had a little surprise in tow for her. :) We showed up at my moms house around 12:30 last Thursday and went in. We figured she would be sitting on the couch watching her soap opera. hehe. But she wasn't! So here Matt and I stand in the kitchen whispering back and forth where the heck is she? Then we saw her, ironically enough, in my brothers old bedroom making the bed. In walks Matt and says to her, "You didn't have to make the bed for me!" She was in shock, and of course started crying, saying "What are you doing here?!?"

I love these images. They are out of focus, grainy, bad lighting, all things that could be technically wrong with a photo they've got it. BUT-I LOVE the emotion they capture. The photos pretty much tell the story. And that, my friends, is why I love my job.



No comments:

Post a Comment