Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 329 - Happy Thanksgiving


We returned home from the farm in Wartburg, TN last night after a great Thanksgiving visit with the family. It was jam packed with activities, but it was a blast and is always so great to see and spend time with that side of the family. We don't get to see them nearly enough. We drove over Thursday morning and went to Chris' aunts house where we had a wonderfully yummy Thanksgiving feast. After eating we moved on to opening Christmas presents. After presents we went up to his grandmother and grandfather's house where we opened more presents then loaded up on a tractor trailor and went for a hayride to celebrate Owens birthday with his cousins and the family. At this point it was getting late and everyone was getting exhausted so we packed up and headed to our hotel. At 5:30am (which is really like 4:30 am my time) my alarm went off and it was time. BLACK FRIDAY! The ONE day out of the year where I will gladly get up at 4:30 am without any complaining, haha! I went shopping with my sister-in-law and scored a lot of great deals. Mrs. Claus is done! After shopping for a few hours we got cleaned up, checked out and headed back to the farm for a birthday lunch and more presents for O. It has been like the never ending birthday for the little guy and we are certainly on gift overload here. After lunch and another visit we headed home, arriving a little after 5pm. It was a whirlwind trip but so much fun. I'm super bummed out because my camera battery charger has apparently bit the dust. I missed a lot of great photos, boo! Luckily everyone else had cameras and will send me their pics. With that said, I'll be out of photo taking commission for a few days. I ordered a new one this afternoon and am hoping it gets here pronto. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Up next...CHRISTMAS! yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment