Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 132 - Monkey


I'm starting to rethink this whole theory of evolution. I would almost swear my child has some form of a monkey running through his blood. :) He and his friend spend more time on top of this pirate ship than in it. Here's a pic of O climbing up this morning. We worked on planting our garden this morning. I should say, I worked on planting the garden, while he monkey'ed around. We have just a small raised garden bed so it didn't really take much time. I bought the stuff for it over a week ago and its pretty dried out, but hoping it will all spring back. We've got a green bell pepper plant, red bell pepper, squash, zucchini and cucumber. We are probably one of the only people who plant a garden and don't have tomatoes. We just don't eat them really. I also put some marigolds in it at one end. Hubs says they help keep bugs away. Plus the secret ingredient...mushroom compost. I mixed in to two bags of it. I swear, the plants love it. We had HUGE squash plants last year and I am so not a green thumb. Try it, you won't be disappointed! I'll keep ya posted on our little garden and its growth. :)

1 comment:

  1. Monkey or not... he is so darn cute!! I do hope the garden grows!!!

    ReplyDelete