Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 226 - Take me out to the Fair





Saturday night we loaded up with my sister and her son and headed to our county fair. Our county fair is huge, its one of the largest in the state, and I love to go. This year I was particularly excited...not only for my corndog...but for O to experience some rides! We arrived at the fair late afternoon and aside from the intense heat were having a nice time. We had been there about and hour and a little rain storm popped up. So under a tent at the balloon dart game we huddled trying to stay dry. Suddenly, to the side of us, a girl collapses and has a heat stroke! My sister ran over to help, my husband ran around trying to call for help, and I huddled with the boys under the tent and watched in shock! She finally came through. I'm sure laying in the rain helped cool her off immensely. She was okay, just prone to heat strokes, and this has happened before according to her mother. It was pretty crazy! So that storm let up and we moved on looking around and got some food, when before long another shower popped up! We took our food and found a little canopy to stand under and waited for the rain to clear up. About 15 minutes later we were on the move again. I went into the photo exhibition hall and they took the boys to the livestock barn. Well that's when all hell broke loose in the sky. A severe thunderstorm moved in. To make a long story short, we were trapped inside the exhibit hall for over an hour. Once we were able to make it back to the car without getting struck by lightening and with just a slight drizzle we made our move. The parking lot was a mud hole. By the time we got to the car we were wet and muddy. Needless to say it was just comical at that point. And get this...I never even got my corndog!! But...on the way home Owen said he had fun and he liked his corndog. So I guess that's all that matters. :) He rode the Bob the Builder Construction Zone ride about 7 times, so at least we got our $20 worth from his handstamp. Maybe next year will be better. And I'm still ticked I didn't get my corndog.

No comments:

Post a Comment