Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 96 - The Cup & The Saucer



We left for Gatlinburg last night around 6pm. Around an hour in we stopped off in a little town called Monterrey, TN for some dinner. Normally we would have probably just stopped at the Hardee's or Dairy Queen at this exit, but thanks to my trusty iPhone we happened upon a little local diner called The Cup & The Saucer. Have I ever mentioned how much I love my iPhone? I'm not sure how I got along before it. ;) Anyhow, we drove to it and hubs got out to make sure they were still open and they were! We had the whole little place to ourselves. This turned out to be a great thing since O ran like a wild man. It was pretty cool and a great start to our roadtrip. We rolled into Gatlinburg around 10:30 our time last night and O woke up as soon as I tried to get him out of the car. He was so excited once we got into the room that he was awake until after midnight. In fact I'm not sure when he actually fell asleep cause I gave up and rolled over and crashed. I remember staying in hotels when I was younger and loving it and feeling so exciting. Its fun to relive those moments through his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment