Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 98 - Dinosaurs, Boots & A Dip!

Our second day in Gatlinberry was another non-stop one. Hubs had his conference all day so that left little man and I to find something to do alone. It was a rainy nasty day so we headed to Pigeon Forge to the Dinosaur Walk Museum.

Owen honestly had more fun in the gift shop and could really have cared less about the dinosaurs. I saw more dinosaurs than he did. Oh well, I tried right? After that we went to a souvenir shop where he picked out a truck with his Easter money. He loves that truck. Then I took him to a Pancake House with me. Eating out with Owen is typically not a fun experience. I talked to him before and told him that it was just going to be him and mommy and that he needed to be good for me. And by golly, he was. I was so impressed. And he ate great, too. After that we headed back to the hotel for nap...WRONG. He just won't nap in a hotel. Too much action. After a few hours hubs got out a little early and we headed back to Pigeon Forge to the Boot Outlet. Yep. The whole fam got some real cowboy boots! hahaha! I've been wanting some for a while now so I figured why not. I'm making Music City proud. ;) I have to say they smell lovely. I told my husband this is what a coach bag smells like, smell!!! And they really are pretty! We then headed back to the room again because Owen had a total meltdown in the boot shop for lack of nap and being confined to his stroller. He finally crashed then and hubs and I sat outside and watched a storm move in and had a much needed drink.


We didn't let Owen sleep too long because it was late so we woke him up and he and hubs went for a dip in the pool! His first swim of the season. The Lodge we stayed in had a really nice indoor pool with a waterfall, multiple levels, etc. At first he was a little hesitant but by the end Chris said he was doing great in there. I hope to get him in a swimming class of some sort this summer.

Well, that's pretty much our last day in a nutshell. It was a nice trip. I'd like to go back sometime when hubs doesn't have to spend time working so I can actually shop. Alone. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment