Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 13 - Finally Some Sun


It warmed up here today...above freezing for the first time in a while...and the sun was out! I decided to take O out so he could ride his 4-wheeler that Santa Claus brought him. He hasn't gotten to ride it much with this weather. In fact, the gold ribbon is still tied to the front! So when we can we do like to try to get our of the house. We're both going a little...a lot...stir crazy some days. I was trying to get a sun flare in this shot, but just ended up with some haze and those circles of colored light on his hat and chin. What is that called, lens flare? I've been inspired by some images and processing I've seen lately...but it didn't quite all come together. I don't excatly know how to get the look I'm going for so I decided to just play. I do like it, but then again I'm way partial to the subject. :) Looks like the high is supposed to be 49 tommorrow so maybe I'll try again!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo. I love the flare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot! We played outside today too! Isn't it nice to finally have a "heat-wave"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I LOVE the sunflare. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This picture feels so warm. You totally captured it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply perfect!! What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL!!! Perfect lens flare!

    ReplyDelete