Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 9 - The Canoes


We woke up this morning to find we had gotten more snow overnight, and it flurried for a while today! Once the hubby got home from work today we decided to get out of the house for a bit. We live pretty close to a state park so I wanted to drive down there and see if I could get any nice pics. There is a small lake inside the park and during warm months they rent canoes (or little boats, whatever these are) to people. I thought it was so interesting the way they were all turned upside down, stacked on top of one another, with snow on them. They just caught my attention. Its such a contrast to what they are intended for. I also happened to see someone walking out on the frozen lake...certainly not the smartest thing to do! He was about 10 feet out when someone came down there telling him to get back. Not sure what that was all about, but I had my camera ready to catch him falling through cause I just knew it was going to happen! Luckily for him it didn't, or that would have definitely been todays post!

7 comments: