Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3 - Antibiotics are My Friend


Wow, 2010 started with a bang for me! I hope this isn't TMI, but New years day I woke up to find my inner thighs swollen, red, painful...the next day (yesterday) they were getting worse. At that time I decided to go to a walk-in clinic (or hobble-in clinic in my case). I don't think the nurse practioner was expecting such a freak case to come in. She wasn't sure what was wrong with me and felt better just directing me to the ER! So I drove myself to the ER...something I don't want to do again...not that a hospital should feel like a scary place, but I have to say there are some strange & somewhat scary people in the ER! I was finally called back after sitting there alone, often pulling my scarf up over my nose & mouth for fear that I would pick up something more scary than the freak show going on with my legs before I left! I have to admit that I was hacking a lung right along with them because I've had a cold this week as well. Finally I was called back and seen...around this time the hubs finally arrives...and I was diagnosed with cellulitus. A bacteria infection under my skin. On my legs. My inner thigs to be exact. Talk about uncomfortable! I mean, seriously? Who gets this? How do you get this? I'm still unsure how I got it but I've been hobbly wobbly for a few days. With all that said, the doc gave me some great antibiotics and they are already working! So, to tribute the little bad boys that have caused me great relief, day 3 pics are of the generic form of my friend the antibiotic, Bactrim. My entire household is on antibiotics at the moment. My poor baby has a double ear infection, my husband has sinus funk, and me...well I'm just a freak. In 2010 I am going to try not to take feeling good forgranted. Today is the first day in a near week I have felt good and my boy is on the mend as well. Thank you antibiotics.

9 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I'm so sorry you are going through this. I'm glad you've gotten the right stuff. The capture is great. I love the DOF and the composition. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear your body is doing better! Here is to a healthy 2010 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you're feeling better already. I'm a pharmacist so I wanted to remind you to drink lots of water with this medication and stay out of the sun (Oh, what sun, lol)
    Hope your family has a speedy recovery:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! And thank you Latifa, thats awesome! The pharamacist did tell my husband about the water when he picked them up but I'll look out for the sun. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry! I agree that ERs can be scary Larry and try to avoid them at all costs. I hope you are feeling better already. My neighbor actually just had cellulitis too. Hers was between her eyes and down her nose. Weird! Get better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I hope you all are on the upswing and have a healthy rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Cellulitus"...hmmm, I think I have that. Oh wait, that's cellulite. Wish I could take an antibiotic and get rid of it:) Glad everyone's getting healthy in your house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone, my legs are doing MUCH better!
    BTW-Shelly---if the antibiotics work for my cellulite I'll let you know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey ya Mel, I don't know if you will even see this being so far back and all. Just saw the link to it on your FB page. My husband had cellulitus in his lower leg a few years back. He waited longer than you to go to the doc and took almost a month to get better. I am glad you caught yours early and got meds.

    ReplyDelete