Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 14 - Baby Boys Bird Feeder


They made homemade bird feeders at school today. How stinkin cute is this? Its basically a pine cone with peanut butter smeared all over it then seeds stuck into the peanut butter. By golly I think even I could make this! I took it outside to look for somewhere to hang it and our mixed breed moose of a dog Metro was on my trail. I knew then I didn't want to set the poor birds up for an attack by him so I needed somewhere higher than what he could reach. Our little curly willow tree that is right off our deck is serving as the home for the bird feeder. A little while later I took Owen outside and was telling him I hung up his bird feeder. As I pointed it out at the tree he said something to the effect of, "The birds no there." It was so cute. Indeed the birds were "no there" but I'm hoping the birds will come tomorrow. Maybe in the morning we will see some and that can be tomorrows pic. Do birds even like peanut butter? :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a great job!!! Very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat! Yes, I do believe they like peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke did this too. They used shortening and cornmeal instead of PB. (Might be cheaper.) We hung it outside the kitchen window high in a tree. We've seen many different types of birds and including a woodpecker. (Luke does the pinecone again or we put loose seed out.)

    ReplyDelete