Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 18 - Backlit Berries


I was wandering around outside today looking for inspiration...looking for something to take pics of...something aside from the hubs changing the oil in the car or the son playing in the car. After walking over to our landscaping I shot some pics of the berries head on with lighting behind me. I decided to move around to the other side and get down and try to do some backlit pics. I'm happy with how this turned out, although I wish I hadn't blown a few spots but I still like it. I added Pioneer Womans sunlight action to it as well. These are the berries that come out of the center of monkey grass. Or Liriope, said "larry-o-pee" by myself. Not sure it that's correct, but I think it's funny and that's how I say it. I can't wait for spring.

9 comments:

  1. Pretty shot. Love your photography and creativity. I stumbled upon your blog today as a fellow project 365-er. I am also a "photographer in training" and hope to be able to complete this project. Best of luck to you...let's rally together so we keep going with this! Feel free to visit my blog: www.365byjen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies! Jen, I checked out and am following your blog now, too. You have some lovely shots on there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful!!! I love the bokeh! Who knew it was called Larry opee. :) I just call it monkey grass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Melissa..I love the lighting and beautiful bokeh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful! I actually love the blown spots. And the bokeh is gorgeous. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete